Sunday 17 February 2008

Another week slips past me....

Last week, Josh finally set off for NZ, and I'm pleased to report that he's there, and still in one piece. I gather that he's a bit knackered though due to chatting to a girl in LA airport for 6 hours instead of getting some shut eye, and then when he got to Hamilton, he went to a reggae festival for two days and slept on a wooden floor. Bring it on...!

Matilda's birthday went off well, despite the early start and the chocolate fountain. She came into our room at about 1am, and was shaking with anticipation. Not really relishing trying to get her back into her bed quietly, or being kicked and prodded if she slept between us, I volunteered to go and sleep on the sofa. Daile insisted that she would go and sleep in Matilda's bed, and off she went. I was woken at 3, 4, 5.10 and finally, at 5.30 I let her get us all up. This picture was taken at about 5.40. You can see that she's calm and cool....er NOT.













Over the last few weeks we've been in contact with a series of architects about the house. The main spur for this was the realisation that we've been here for approaching 5 months, and we're still no further on with the house. Granted, we couldn't really start it before I had a job to pay for it with....but I could have been further on if I'd been pushing it. I reckoned that an architect might be a worthwhile investment if they were able to keep the builders and the suppliers under control, and do the donkey drawing up that is required for detailed planning permission. However, they're all needing about $50,000 to do this for us! I think that's a lot lot...! So it's back to square one, and overseeing the build myself.

Our desktop computer is in the room formally know as 'garage'. (I say this because none of us has managed to come up with a name that sticks yet!). I noticed that the image on the screen was oscillating from side to side, and this prompted me to order a new screen. I've been wanting a hi-resolution screen from Dell for some time now, so this problem was enough to justify getting one. I've ordered a 22" screen with 'ultrasharp' technology. Today, Wayne decided to clear out the office a little and since there's a spare computer in there that is rarely used, that screen came up for grabs. I swapped this (CRT monitor) for the one that was wobbling. Guess what? It was STILL wobbling! So now I may have to go and buy a new computer to go with the new screen....
Smooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment