Sunday 29 June 2008

Lily and Lee's birthday party

I tried to get some more fencing done this morning but not a lot of it went on...because today we went off of to Lily and Lee's birthday party.

It actually started at 2pm and the kids went with Nanna for about 2.30. The bouncy castle was wobbling well when we arrived at about 4, and continued until we left at 10.30! It was a great castle, with a maze inside that had obstacles and a slide that rose to about 12 ft! All went well with the slide, and most of the adults tried it, until I decided that it would be prank to pull the plug out. My intention was just to let it sag to the point that people noticed... and then plug it back in. Problem was that when I plugged it back in, the motor in the fan was going in reverse... because the air had started coming out of it the other way. There was nothing I could do...and everyone got pretty freaked out. Luckily, the thing got the better of the situation and recovered...but I was not popular! Had I realised this at the time of course, i'd have squeezed the input tube to allow the thing to get going....but I didn't realise.









But all the kids had a lovely time, and after they'd done face painting with the grown ups doing the kids, Phoebe decided that she'd like to do some on me... and two or three others joined her.... after which quite a few other parents ended up getting blathered too. A bit 'Braveheart' don't cha think?



Dave got the same treatment...



...and Ian.



The cake had sparklers instead of candles.... and was really pretty.



Lily seemed to like it anyway...







Still not heard anything about the prelodgment meeting, but it should be soon. If we get through that I'll put some pics of the house plan up.

No comments:

Post a Comment