Sunday 6 July 2008

'Mice are nice' NOT vermin!

Today we just hung out. I decided to go and get some bolts to hold the inverter onto the rear bulkhead of the truck, so that Molly and I have power when we're camping in August...but I left it a bit late to actually do the work. Still the girls and I had some fun in Bunnings looking for something to make a humane moustrap. I'd actually put some conventional ones in the basket, but Matilda strongly objected.... and who am I to argue? So we went to get some roof flashing. I had a square low set kind of thing in mind, like the brown plastic ones that you can get in the UK. They don't have any of that kind of nonsense here! Just kill the buggers!

The only flashing they had was in rolls that were either too thin, or too expensive...($68). We bought some little bits of ali to cut up from the roofing area (got no idea what they were supposed to be for...), and found a couple of tube ends in galvy steel (from the plumbing dept). We bought some fencing wire (my galvy wire is in Brisbane), some round nosed pliers (cheap ones) and one or two other bits. Then we went to get elastic bands, clothes pegs (for the springs i thought) and ...'ooooh is it alright if we have a treat?'

So... here's what we made....!







We didn't use half the things we bought in the end, but you don't know that at the time do you! Wonder if it'll work?

No comments:

Post a Comment