Friday 22 May 2009

YeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Got a job!

I finally managed to get something. It's work on the next Narnia movie down on the Gold Coast. I start on the Monday after next... as a senior model maker (in more ways than one eh?)

Phew!

So that buys us a reprieve for a little while. The movie starts shooting at the end of July, so it's likely that the work will last until then, and hopefully longer. I believe the wrap is scheduled for October. The guy I'm working for is a Pom that normally lives in Sydney. In fact quite a few of the senior crew seem to be from the UK and the systems they use are all familiar to me... so that's an advantage at least.

The things that I'm going to be making look really lovely too. I've got a fairly open remit it seems... and will be doing all sorts including leather work, sculpting, moulding, model making, light engineering etc. One thing that I've talked up is the idea that one set of props (vases and jugs that look like they're ancient Greek in origin) should be turned in plaster on a lathe. I've not made stuff like that since I was doing it in my ceramics course and they've not heard of the technique here..but are keen to see it. It's a really lovely way to make fine shapes like that... including the handles. I'm really looking forward to that especially.

So... anyway. Here's to what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment