Friday 11 December 2009

Poem on the fly

Here's a poem that Matilda wrote whilst she was waiting to go on at the school concert the other day. They put it in the school newsletter:

THE CONCERT
Today’s the big day
Of the concert “horray!”
With bright pink tutu all lovely and soft
And singers practicing their voices cough, cough!
Cough, cough!
There are dancers, a band and narrators too
Your parents smiling and waving at you.
After the show it’s very late
Dad carries me into the car and past the gate.
As soon as we get home I’m tucked into bed
I lie on the pillow and rest my head.
Mum comes in and kisses my cheek,
“Well done!” she says, “to me it was a great treat!”
By Matilda Martin DGB
Before the show observations

Nice eh! A couple of nights after that, I woke up as I was falling out of bed. I hit the floor whilst flailing about trying to catch myself. After I'd got over my embarassment (funny that I'd embarassed myself... I was the only one to see it) I realised that I'd just been kicked out of bed by Matilda. Daile had already found somewhere else to sleep... so Matilda had obviously been 'snuggling in' and I'd been trying to get into a cooler space. Ha ha. When she heard she thought that it was very funny. I went to sleep again with Daile in the spare room.

No comments:

Post a Comment