Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year and 'Nat'....

So anyway, being as how I'm now officially 'ill'... Molly felt that she'd undertake the rather laborious job of cutting the lawn. At our house this truly IS a mission... and involves a lot of hilly bits that you have to push the mower up with some gusto. I find it quite a bit of a slog, but view it as my work out. I'm not particularly good at keeping up with the grass at this time of year, but this last couple of weeks it's rained non stop so nobody in the street has done any mowing at all... and it looked pretty run down in our street as a result. Last week the sun came out for a couple of days and the grass got a bit dryer... so I thought I'd ask the lass to have a go. She did the front OK.. and then it went quiet for a while...(I think she was getting her breath back!). Then she started off again and went well ... until she got to the hilly bits. This was where she gave up:



Good girl eh! Made of stern stuff our Moll!

Also this week, I've been finishing off a painting that is my first one that isn't a portrait of a member of the family. It's from a photo that Molly took down at the spit on the Gold Coast a month or so ago.








1 comment: