Monday 9 January 2012

Dan and Dare

Thought I'd show you the finished Dan painting...

In the end, I decided (well I was told..!) that his knee looked like his belly... so I gave him some jeans instead. Dan really wanted the tree (which is called a 'Batswing Coral') to be more detailed, and didn't think that my concern about the detail pulling the viewer's gaze from his face was legitimate. Now that I've done that, I think he was right. So I'm on to the next thing...






A couple of nights ago Matilda came belting up the stairs shouting 'DADDADDAD....' in a panic. She thought she'd been bitten by a spider when she was closing the bathroom window. Turns out (thankfully) that it was just a bee sting. I pulled it out, and this is most of it, though there was more of the barb still in when I took this.


She's such a critter lover though, it's surprising she doesn't get more of this. Here's a blue tongue that she snaffled yesterday.


..she was trying to get it to stick out it's tongue... much like a parent does when they want a baby to open their mouth. See how she's doing the tongue thing herself? Ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment