Wednesday 26 September 2007

Strip-tow and sun

Well its been a few days, and not all that much has happened. After the initial flurry of activity, we’ve petered out a bit. I’ve been distracted by a trailer project that Wayne donated to the cause, and I’ve wasted some time trying to sort it out. This entailed cutting the front of the trailer off because it was rusty, and spending an inordinate amount of time trying to find out where I could get steel, gas, a tow-hook, roof bars to bring the steel back and etc. In the end, before I did actually go and buy all this gear, I worked out that I was going to be spending something like $700 just to have a trailer and roof bars for a car that frankly, is unlikely to outlive them. Well OK, it might outlive the trailer, but not the tow hook or the bars. Suddenly, I done seen the light, and decided that what I need is a ute. (That’s a pick up to you)….and with a bit of luck I might find one with a tow-hook attached for when I have the time to do the trailer at some other juncture. As you can see, its not all that…but we are on a budget.



Tomorrow I’m going to have a look at this one I hope, which is good value, and has a tow hook too.


All this has rather taken my mind off writing my CV, and the house. I discovered that the rules state that we have to build on the allotted ‘building envelope’ as per the original document that we were sent from the vendor’s agent. I’ve arranged for them to send me the forms to have a pre lodgement meeting about the site with some structural engineers and someone who’s representing the trees that they’re worried that we’re going to knock down. I mentioned that if we really wanted to knock down trees we’d have bought somewhere with less of them! I’m arguing that the area of the house is the same, its just that its not on the place where they said. It wasn’t my fault that they’ve approved the knocking down of the trees in that allotted area. Really, someone was being more than slightly presumptive that the people that buy the plot are going to want to build there…..

So it looks like I’ll be right in the thick of bureaucracy within a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment