Tuesday 11 November 2008

Golden wedding and afterwards...

The night before last we all got together in Beverley and celebrated the 50th wedding anniversary. It was a small do, with only the very immediate family attending.

It really is a huge achievement and an example to all those who poo poo the institution of marriage. Dad gave a speech that rendered everyone in the room to tears... except Mum of course who's had 50 years of it! Ha ha.



It's really great to see that a couple can still be so right together, even after that many years.
Congratulations Mum and Dad. I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Sadly, especially for me, Daile, Matilda and Phoebe, were not here to be a part of the celebration due to the sheer cost of getting everyone over. We missed them.

Today Josh and Molly went off to their respective abodes - although it was a bit of a trial gettting them onto the train as we'd got them tickets that were dependent on them having travel cards, and they didn't have travel cards. I mean what kind of student dosen't have a student rail card???? I had to take some responsibility for not having actually checked to see if they had them prior to the night before... but I'm still of the view that NOT to have one is oppulent madness arising out of a scant disregard for austerity. To compound the matter, the jobsworth that was working at the ticket desk was about as helpful as a british rail ticket office worker.... oh yeah he was one. Well THERE you are then!



After they'd gone I went up to Scarborough to see Gill, Bill and Holly. We went to see Gill's studio at what used to be 'the Sitwell's house' and we're planning to go there again tomorrow to paint summut. I'm thinking of doing a self portrait. Mainly because I don't think I've ever done one, and partly because it doesn't take a lot of thinking about. I'll stick the result on the blog if it's not terrible. If it's terrible however, i'll never mention it again.







No comments:

Post a Comment