Wednesday 10 June 2009

Lovely weekend...

On Sunday morning we went round to our new mates house for breakfast. Rather nicely, they live on the hill right opposite our land and we can see their house from our land... or at least we almost can, but for one of their neighbour's house which is in the way.

Here's a picture of them taken later in the day. From left is Ryan, Janice, Anna, Ewan and Jack. They're all lovely.







Daile asked me to sort out making a fruit 'thing'. I got a bit carried away...



...but it went down really well with the kids...and this is the aftermath:



Another person who lives at their house is called Gilly, and she's a Staffy.



That picture above is about the only one I've taken of her that isn't a blur. She's always moving, and really quickly... this is more like what I normally get...





After breakfast (full English) we all decided that we'd head off to the Southbank and check out the galleries. We went on the train... which was a great idea and we got a whole bit of the train to ourselves.







Percy pig came too.



Matilda seems to have taken to biting her nails...



and the results are not pretty....



.... thumb sucking is better!

When we got there we had sarnies and tea that we'd brought, and some nice cake. Then we did the water taxis down the river to the galleries.

Daile looks good in this eh? You know I think she got the 'enigmatic smile' off to a tee. (It was the only free thing at the Leonardo exhibition... which we swerved on as it was $50 per family, and didn't look big enough to be worth it... at least when you have tear-aways with you).



In the art gallery they have some neat air conditioning vents that kids love. Here's Phoebe on one, but I couldn't get her to do the Marilyn Munroe thing... she thought I was stupid! (Amazingly perceptive kid eh!)







Matilda and I went out for a bike ride... just us, on Bank holiday Monday. We went about an hour into the forest in front of our house. It goes for miles and miles and miles like this. We got to a car park, had a bit of chocolate, and came back. We both had a ball. I fell off when she chickened out of a steep hill, and I (stupidly) thought I could carry her bike whilst still riding mine down the hill at speed! Ha ha. I've got bruises on my bruises, on my calfs, knees and inner thigh. I was laughing so much that Matilda had to pull the wreckage off me.







This week FINALLY saw Phoebe's first tooth come out. She kept coming up and 'showing' me her wobbly teeth (there's another coming soon). Thing is I couldn't see them cos of her finger!



Anyway, this is what she looks like now...(tonight). The eye seems to be a LOT better thank goodness. I hope the fairy comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment