Friday 5 June 2009

Nasty little bleeder

Last Sunday, I went to see if the girls were OK because we'd not seen them for a while. It's not normally something we worry overly about because they play with their mates in the street, or they go around to each others houses. We have the neighbours kids more than they have ours, but that's probably got something to do with the 'facilities' here... I don't know, but its what happens.
I found them at Tara's house, and Tara's mum, Tracy, pointed out that she'd just seen what she thought looked like a tic on Phoebe's left lower eyelid. I thought it was a 'jewel' cos Phoebe had got some little jewel stickers on Saturday, and had some elsewhere. However, when i tried to pull it off, it didn't want to come. I put my specks on and got closer...and it WAS a tick! Yuck...NOT yum! What was worse is that pulling a tick is about the worst thing you can do, as they inject their nasty tick-i-ness into the site (where their barbed mouth parts are buried) They can be there without you knowing because they numb the area - all very clever. I took her home and we decided to immediately get her down to the Chemist (the doctor was closed - Sunday - isn't it ALWAYS Sunday when these things happen!).

On the way there, I looked across at Feeb and the thing had gone... and she said her nose was itchy. We were at the lights so I looked up into her nose and thought I could see it... but had nothing to get it with. Then the lights changed. I told her to blow her nose and gave her an old oily rag ...all I had to hand. She did, bless her and when we got there I could see no evidence. The chemist gave me an address for a doc a little way away to check. He declared her all clear in the nose and the eye looked clean ...

But it obviously wasnt' because this morning they both came into us at 5.45 to show us Feebs eye.



Apparently it can take up to two weeks for this to happen... Daile had to take a day off to get her down to the docs... (Fortunately this time it was a Friday) and she's got anti-bio tics.

This is what can happen if it's not treated with anti-bio tics...



Nasty things eh!

On a more positive note, I've got on well this week with the work, and have had an opportunity to show a bit of speed and innovation... as was asked to turn around a tricky job from start to finish in a day and a half (should probably have been 3 days). I did it and the boss was delighted... not so much for the speed as the way I'd done it. Encouraging start. Lets hope it goes somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment