Thursday 1 October 2009

Sign of the truth...

In Australia, the licence plate of a car (called a 'rego' here) carries a slogan that some panel of important people have decided is descriptive of what the state is all about. They are, it has to be said, pretty sad. For example, I saw a Victorian plate a while back that said 'Victoria - The place to be'. Yeach! Queensland's is variously 'Queensland - Sunshine State' which is mostly true, or lately, 'Queensland - The Smart State'.





In the US, at least they (to my knowledge) limit the writing to just saying the state's name.
I think it's stupid to write slogans on them, especially because they are less than truthful a lot of the time. and I'm not sure that I can be persuaded otherwise. But I'm telling you all this because tonight I was driving behind a car that had the following written on his plate:

'I fish, therefore I lie'.

Now that's honest!

No comments:

Post a Comment