Tuesday 21 September 2010

Why the Brits always talk about the weather....

OK, what do you call an English disease that only really happens in the collective and is context dependent? I was thinking something like Rain-glish, or Eng-rain-itis.
Shortly before Josh and Molly arrived in Oz, we heard a news article that stated 'Australia set for the hottest September in 40 years!' and I actually wondered if the weather was likely to reach the sort of heat that is debilitating in the Summer....

I needn't have worried.

The combined presence of all of us English people, coupled with the plan to take a holiday at Moreton Island has rendered September the 'Wettest September in 40 years' (I kid you not). It has rained solidly for the all of yesterday (the first day of my holiday) and is predicted to continue in the same way until Sunday... the last day of my holiday.

Good eh! Oh to be a BRIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment