Thursday 17 August 2023


 So, right now i'm not working. Well not working for money at least. But I've got a few projects on the go of course... and one of them is to finally get going with the Landrover rebuild. To whit I pulled the rusty chassis up off the land in front of the house (with the help of the ute and ably assisted by Matilda) and started to take measurements of it - so that I can generate a CAD drawing to use for the plasma cutter to cut out all the bits for the new version of the chassis. It'll be completely new...and then I hope to have it galvanised so that it's protected inside and out...and will be quite unlikely to rust. 

But no sooner had I got under way with that, than I started to think about where I'm going to put it once I've made it...and before I've got it galvanised.... and realised that the little garage that I had planned to build so that it can be out of the weather, needs to be built first. 

I've recently received a warning from Google (who I think own this platform ...Blogger) that they will delete accounts that have not been used for two years...and this would be one of them. To whit, i'm going to try to blog a bit more often. 

This is the space where the garage will be. The area above it will be filled in with road-base and gravel to make a parking place for a couple of our cars. There are currently 5 other than the land rover, and a trailer and my ill fated caravan. (Ill fated cos I just haven't had time to finish it and it's rotting). 



The big pile of dark soil is from a film that I was working on. I have other plans for that...
below is the chassis with my jumper on it...and the old Pajero behind. Behind that is the trailer with Land rover bits in it. 


...and here's the other 4 cars and the caravan. 





No comments:

Post a Comment