Tuesday 2 October 2007

Car-boys and Engines

Well, its been a good day today…bought a nice bit of machinery…not kidding this time. It’s a Mitsubishi Triton 4WD. See below:


I bought it from an auction house, or as they say here 'oction'. I didn't actually do the auction thing, although i've been to them in London, but found the car on the internet. It had been passed over on its first time through the auction having not made its reserve. I paid the reserve on it, and now i'm waiting for it to get a roadworthy certificate, which is required before I can drive it. Its like an MOT, but you only need it at the point that it is exchanged. After that, it can disintergrate, and the goverment don't check it...unless i try to sell it. Crazy! So i took a punt on the basis of my own feelings about it, rather than the safety cert, since the auction house can sell it on without one for some reason.... Its a fine car, so i'm not expecting any major problems with it and should hear tomorrow.

Once i'd decided to buy it, the fella that was dealing with me sat me down in front of a live 'oction' and i was fed hot dogs and cold beer (help yourself from the ice bucket) while i waited for the paperwork to be ready. This was a REAL surprise and a welcome one, its starting to get a little hotter now!

I also got my new Aussie driving licence today, and had a meeting with an estate agent about buying a run down property to do up and sell….

I must be a real Aussie already cos this is what they had down at the license place...

The kids hung out next door most of the day and then went to the pool at Goodna which has a good kids bit, and some lanes in a 25 metre pool for those fortunate to be unencumbered. Matilda has figured out how to swim, having been in floats when we were first in the pool in Bangkok. Now she’s swimming widths and doing handstands on the bottom. She’s a really determined little girl. Phoebe too has made some amazing progress…and in her own sing song sort of way, without too much gasping and spluttering she’s learned to lie completely still on her back, and to immerse her face without screaming when she takes it out. So all good. They look MAD in their goggles too! Ha ha.

I’m reading a book about real estate investing right now, and so I’m not going to hang about. I wanted to have some buzz words when I meet the estate agent again tomorrow. Another thing that I’m doing tomorrow is going to see a government training agency about getting a ‘blue ticket’ which is what people have that can use a ‘backhoe’ or JCB to you and I. So over and out….

No comments:

Post a Comment