Sunday 18 November 2007

Trailer trash

Well this weekend I decided that I should finally get around to doing that trailer that you may remember from the early posts on this blog. I went out late Friday afternoon to get some steel box section and some mesh for the sides. I'd decided that I was going to make a high sided one with mesh on the upper sides to contain the piling up of cut twigs and branches from our land. I've seen this kind of trailer on the roads and, like Ute's they're quite common. However, when I actually got down to it, I decided that it was almost sacrilegious to attach brand new steel to such old and rusty stuff, especially since it was quite a lightweight build in the first place. So I scrapped all the metal off it, and I've used the axle and the tow hook, and that's it! Now I have a very substantial frame built, but I've run out of steel to finish it. I'll post up pics when I've got near to finishing it.
Sadly, although I blathered my arms with factor 30, I still got weld burn on them. Quite red and sore they are.... Probably a combination of the sun, which was out all day, and the weld arc. I really enjoyed it though...

Now the more observant may notice that there is only one post here, as opposed to the normal 7. This is because I wanted to draw your attention to the list of links that you'll find below. Some of these are old faves, and some are just quite interesting. I'll add more with time...but for now, if you HAVE time, you might like to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment