Tuesday 6 May 2008

You gotta larf

I went into a meeting of operations managers last week, and my boss who normally chairs it wasn't there. He's a very focused man and keeps everyone very much on the task at hand. Without him there, we had a much more relaxed, though probably nearly as productive meeting. At one point, we were talking about a problem that had occurred involving two opposing points of view. Someone said that 'every stick has two ends' (quoting my favourite) and then I said 'what's brown and sticky?'... they all looked at me quizzically... and I said 'a stick!' at which point I collapsed into giggles as I do when I tell a joke. Momentarily they all looked at me like I was mad...which only made it worse... and then one of them said 'fuckin' POMS!!' I just fell off my chair! I've noticed that Aussies resort to expletives when they're faced with sophisticated humour...! Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment