Wednesday 31 December 2008

Christmas

Christmas here is indeed weird. The weather is currently returning to something of the form that Queensland is famed for. The days are hot... sometimes very hot. So hot that today for example, I noticed that when I was working on the floor of the garage at about 6pm, my forearms were glistening with water... not 'moist' like when you've worked up a sweat in a squash game... but 'wet' - running off the skin. Then at about 6.30 you get a thunderstorm.





So it was on Christmas eve. We all congregated at Andrew and Lee's in Jimboomba and had a splendid Christmas meal.

The way it works with this family is that we get together to eat the meal on the eve of Christmas, and everyone finds somewhere to put their head down.... at some point late into the night. The kids open their presents in the morning, and we all open our single present from a nominated other. Each person buys one present for one other to the value of $100... and the cost of the whole deal is sensibly mitigated. This year Johnny Jetwash bought my present and I got an easel. Fabulous it is too... its one of those that is a paintbox with legs and it all unfolds leaving you with a draw that pulls out under the canvas. Bunnings do a 1m square canvas for about $36 and that's what I'm gonna buy with my voucher Gill. (Thank you)

Christmas morning looked like this...





Santa ate the lot...









Back at home, Matilda and I played with hair gel...



... and Jack played with Daile's lamp.



All was well. Hope yours was good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment