Wednesday 17 December 2008

Feeling quite moved...

Last week, for the back end of it at least, we were getting ready for our move to the house. It’s amazing how much stuff we accumulated over the last 15 months, and it took four trailer loads, as well as five Ute’s worth. I knew that we had a lot of stuff, but non-the-less, was surprised by the time it took to move it all.



The new double garage, which I had hoped might be a workspace for me, looks like this...



So today we went off to IKEA to sort out some shelving, and had also resolved to buy ourselves a sofa. This is the first sofa that we've ever owned from new. It's a corner one, and includes a pull out bed. We've decided that the 'dining room' part of the house is not fit to be a dining room since it's too small, but is quite OK as a study. To that end, we've bought shelving for there to perhaps even be able to put away all our books... another first!

One thing that isn't a first though is the return of some of the kids old toys. The pinball game that Dad made for me when I was probably about 6 or 7, and the train that he made for Josh have re-emerged. The pinball needed a clean and some of the nails straightening, but is otherwise as good as the day I got it.



The train has lost an axle to being used as a skate board, but I have the wheels and new dowel, just not got around to it. No matter to Tilda though, who reckons it doesn't need those wheels anyway.



Earlier in the week, Matilda managed to scrounge some pillow cases off her harrowed Nana, and proceeded to make a dress. I kid you not when I say that this took her about 5 mins, including the bow around her waist and the one round her wrist.



Today I had a meeting with the council about the proposed drive on our land, and took the opportunity to quiz them about several other issues that have arisen. Contrary to the advice I've had from two engineers, they want us to proceed as per my plans, and reckon that we stand a good chance now of getting approval. The next step then, (finally) is to get the detailed plans drawn up by a draftsman.

I'll put something on here in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment