Monday 24 August 2009

Blistering...

Well, we DID have some weather a couple of months ago that was decidedly cold. We even went out and bought a couple of electric heaters, one with a timer so that it could come on at 5am and get the place a little less chilly. Daile bought an electric blanket... and THAT was a great thing to get. It took quite a while for the girls to get into the habit of closing the doors and that sort of thing.

But NOW.... it's absolutely blistering hot. At least it is at the studios here..(I'm writing this in my lunch half hour). I've got some work to do outside today, and I've had to resort to soaking a cloth in water and trapping it under my hat to keep the sun off my neck as I'm working. l

On Sunday (yesterday) I went out on a friends little yacht into Moreton Bay from Victoria Point. He's been trying to convince me that I should get one like his... instead of the power boats, and it sounds an attractive idea. It's not a priority, but I do think that at some point I'll do that. Daile is much more interested in the leisurely pace type boating, and the rip it up boating that our newer boat is capable of is really not comfortable for an extended period. That said, getting to Tangalooma in a yacht is a hit and miss affair cos you're reliant on favourable winds etc. You need to leave a lot more space, and accept that you might have to re-assess the trip unless you have the time.

That's it... more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment