Tuesday 18 August 2009

Blue skies.

OK, today was a bit dodgy weather-wise... there was a cloud in the sky!



I took that as I was on my way to the medical centre to have this looked at....



As you can see, I'd managed to run my little finger onto a splinter so hard that it was driven right through the finger and out the other side! Pete had a go at pulling it out, but just broke a couple of bits off it. We decided that if it broke off and needed to be dug out, it would be better if that was done by the same person, so that they didn't have to fish about for it. So off I went. The doctor tried to pull it out with forceps, but it broke off completely... not to mention that it hurt! So leaving the thin end for 'line up' he numbed the finger and cut the splinter out. It now has four stitches. Whilst doing that, he explained that there is a tendon there, and a blood vessel, although they 'should be' below the splinter. I felt a whole lot better that it was a professional doing it, rather than having a go myself with my left hand!

I spoke to Joe last week (saying happy birthday) and he asked me how long it had been since we'd had one of the boats in the water. I was ashamed to admit that it was Easter! So on Saturday I unblocked the jets in the carb that I'd taken out, and put it all back in the little motor. On Sunday, we went out onto the river (locally) for a re-hash of our 'Breakfast on the river' thing that we used to do from Collingwood Park. It was great. The weather was perfect, and the launch area was really good too, with a dual launch ramp and a little shop selling basic chandlery and foodstuffs. They even have a lake there with a ski cable. What that is is a cable that tows handles around a lake, and you can learn to water ski... without pissing off a boat driver. Bit spenny though at $29 an hour...





No comments:

Post a Comment