Friday 2 July 2010

Thought i'd have a go at painting the little one. It's difficult to get it right, not just the likeness, which has always been the perenial problem, but also the use of paint. I'm trying to learn more about the way that colours go in shadows. This needs to be darker in the shadows, and perhaps warmer. On the otherhand, I don't like them overpainted... Trying to keep the bits that aren't face...loose.



I reckon if you can keep the shadows simple (Like Loomis says in that post a couple of months ago) and pay attention to the quality of the light, you stand a better chance... I'll repost this when I've got closer.



Ok .. this is a couple of days later.. i think I'll stop with that.
Interesting how different it looks inside the house. I have a neon tube in the garage (where I painted it). The colour is actually more like the first one i posted, but this one is more finished. I can't be bothered to take it down to the garage and take another pic, i've got to sort out the nippers for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment