Thursday 12 May 2011

Cut and dry

Well, I'm lying here in hospital and the offending article has been removed. As yet, I've not had an opportunity to discuss what was found with surgeons, but from a post op perspective, things are looking fine currently.

I have s**t loads of things hanging off me, as per normal, and it's a bit inconvenient... for example, there's a cannula in the fold of my right elbow and if I bend it for more than a few seconds, it sets off an alarm that wakes everyone up!

I elected to have button push self administered pain killer over an epidural. The epidural procedure is apparently quite safe these days, but there's no feedback from your body if you're hurting yourself in some way, so I thought it best to keep that connection open.

Foodwise, I've had a bit of a fast, with nothing to eat from 5pm yesterday till about 4.30 today and, worse, no fluids for about 20 hrs by mouth. Daile had to sneak me a soggy cloth to just facilitate my ability to actually talk to her! My mouth was completely dried up and there just wasn't any saliva to sort it out!

Too much detail perhaps...... but anyway, it's all fixed now, and I've had a jug of water put on my table for the last 6 hours.

So... the risky bit is over, now I've just got to wait to find out how well it worked. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Love you, Dad. Glad to hear its all out! x

    ReplyDelete