Sunday 15 May 2011

enzid joke

Digging the Kumara patch
An old Maori man lived alone at his family home in Rotorua. He wanted to Dig his kumara garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, Hone, who Used to help him was in Paremoremo prison. The old man wrote a letter to his Son and described his predicament.
Kia ora e Hone,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I wont be able to plant my kumara garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up the hard ground for my garden plot. I know if you were here, all my troubles would be over as I know you would dig the garden plot for me.
Aroha nui, Papa
A few days later he received a reply from his son:
E Pa, don't dig that garden. That's where I buried the bodies.
Love Hone
At 4 a.m. the next morning, the Rotorua C.I.B and the local police Arrived with a search warrant and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologised and left.
Later the same day the old man received another letter from his son.
E Pa
Go ahead and plant your kumara now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love Hone.

1 comment: