Sunday 25 January 2015

Ned the sleuth...


It's a hard life if you're a dog eh!  I wonder what goes through his head... poor fella, all he wants to do is round up some sheep, or failing that, at least be out walking/running.  This (below) is his favourite place...this is where the Goanna's are, this is where the Roos are...not that he ever catches any mind.


I quite often walk along this track, with a book, reading.  I've always thought that the fact that I have a dog will give me a better chance of not seeing a snake.  I NEVER see them, or hardly ever anyway.
Yesterday Daile and I were out walking and Ned went past a black snake that had just sunk its fangs into a large toad....no reaction from Ned to speak of...and it wasn't till the thing moved that I saw it, by which time we were almost standing on it!  It slithered away...leaving the toad, blood oozing from the puncture wounds in it's back.  Ned was up ahead looking back with a 'what!....why have you stopped?' kind of look on his face!  Nice work Ned!  Sheep counter!

We came across this fella (below) recently...just watching...eyeing up Ned, who didn't notice.  I guess they only notice things when they move eh!  In fact that's usually the case for me too of course!  Ned wasn't looking up here.  They're quite rare to see...preferring to keep out of sight of man, for obvious reasons.



Every day on my walk I go past a pile of stones... and I decided to make an 'artistic' statement.  I piled some on the top of a tree stump.  They stayed for a few days then someone knocked it down...unless the wind did.  So I did it again...and a few days later it was down again.  Who'd have thought a pile of stones could be dynamic art?
 





No comments:

Post a Comment