Tuesday 6 January 2015

Wasting my day...

So...last week I got a replacement iPhone, not because I particularly wanted one, but because Phoebe needs a telephone (new school is further away) and we'd said that she could have mine when mine came up for renewal, so it seemed like a good idea.  Thing is though I got talked into having the new 'BIG' one. and wished that I'd stayed with a smaller version, partially cos it's too big and too rounded to feel like I'm not going to drop it. 

I looked at some cases, which as usual, were naff... and then I had a stupid idea...I'd make a case!  So I did...and it took me all day when I should have been doing some painting...and it's well....a bit naff really!  Milled it out of aluminium, but really I needed a bit of 10mm and only had 3mm, so thought I'd assemble it from bits. It's OK but the lumps on the side are a bit of joke.  

Lah di dah.  




The funny hole is shaped on the other side to accept a foot (that I've not made yet) so that it can be mounted onto the car dash or a tripod or whatever.... and the screws need to be made flush.





Certainly not a pink fluffy kind of case is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment