Sunday 9 March 2008

Boat is fast!

I'd not been long at the boat cleaning this morning when Bernadette came out and told me that she thought that the boat might have been painted with lead based paint as they were back in those days...and that I should be careful. A few minutes after that, Daile came out and told me that she'd been on the web, and it sounded like Bernadette was right...and that worse than that, the dust that I was leaving on the floor could be very dangerous to the kids. So I got out the pressure washer instead, and washed off most of the paint! It's still a bit patchy, but its a lot better.

....and then....

we took it out for a spin!

...and it was FANTASTIC!



I was amazed at how quick it was, given that the motor is a fifth of the size of the boat yesterday.
Admitedly, the boat yesterday was (I think) a 6 metre boat, and ours is 4. 3m , but even so. Finger in the air, i'd say we were doing something like 22 knots (25mph).









Yeeeeeehaaaaaa! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment