Saturday 15 March 2008

Its the WEEEEEEEKend...!

Josh had a bit of a wobble about the purpose of working at the end of his first day, and I thought for a moment that we were going to have refusal for the second. However, he got it all together, and was on his feet again at 3.45AM again the next day. At some point on our quiet drive in, whilst he was contemplating the purpose of what we were doing, he realised that, boring though it is, the work he's got is better than most of the other options he has currently, and he's now resolved to stick it....at least until next Wednesday...when we're all off down the coast for a long weekend camping, boating and farting about. It's a pretty reasonable rate of pay it would seem, and there 's the added benefit of being taken and picked up by your positive and willing old man.

Daile and I decided that we'd like to take Emma and Josh out to dinner last night, so Bernadette and Wayne got the short straw, staying in to look after the ankle biters. We went to that belly dance place again, and it was pretty good.





This time the dancer was a black girl, and I think she may even have been British! When she came to get a recruit, I giggled whilst pointing enthusiastically at Josh...since he'd already expressed a propensity to making a twat of himself... but she wanted ME to dance! The result was, needless to say, spectacular!





I got so hot, that I even had to take my hoodie off! Here's Josh telling me how stupid I looked...or it might have been the conversation about the day that Molly changed her socks... I can't remember.



There's a great atmosphere at the restaurant, but outside, its like a party. The area that its in is called the South Bank, and its full of party spirit. We took a stroll afterwards along the winding plant bedecked paths to the man made beach that's there. We had a paddle and watched enthusiastic youths playing about with a ball further in.



On the other side of the beach and pool, is the river, and Emma and I got into trying to take blurry pictures of movement.



We farted about there for about an hour or so....before heading home for a good sleep.



Today, we're going to take the boat, and its new bimini, to Pelican Beach on the Gold Coast. I've officially got my boat licence now having been down to pay the fee in Ipswich yesterday after work, and we're all good.





Whilst there....and 'completely by accident', I found this, in a boat shop...



Snicker snicker!

No comments:

Post a Comment