Saturday 12 April 2008

So long, and thanks for all the ...vegetarian dinners!

I can't sleep! Thought i'd put fingers to keyboard instead.

Josh and Emma went off to Thailand yesterday, (via Singapore) but not quite as planned! We arranged to get up reasonably early to get them to the airport since the airline was recommending a 3 hour check in buffer and it's an hour and a half to drive there if its rush hour....which it was. We got them to the airport for 9am for their 11.45 am flight to Singapore. Daile and I drove both cars, since I was going to go on to work directly. We dropped them at the departures drop off, leaving the little kids with them whilst we went off to find parking. (I know you're supposed to find the parking first...but its not well signposted so I took the turn to 'departures' rather than 'arrivals / car park' ... I mean its a bit vague). Anyway, we made our way back up to the departure lounge, expecting to find them all in the queue for the flight....

Instead we found this:



Ok....... now click on the image...and look for 'Singapore'..!

Found it?

No, neither did we! The flight was at 11.45 PM...not AM!

Had we suggested that they check their flight? Yes. They declared that you don't have to do that these days....a look of disbelief adorning their young faces. Did they download the flight details...YES! Did Josh look them? No of course not... because if he had he'd have seen that it said 23.45.

So we went and had coffee....



and Emma played with my camera....





I went to work, and Daile took everyone back home.

At 4, when I left work, I went to the pub to kill the four hours until they came past again, and made a pint last for about 3 of them, deciding to get some more paint for our rental house in the other hour. I would have been home for an hour or so before having to drive back otherwise...

I had some work to do... but I didn't feel like being in the office, its too cold - with its air con and all that.

The departure was relatively quick, and they were through check in within about 25 mins, leaving two and a half hours to wait. We sat down for another coffee, but the kids were on their last gasp, so we didn't stay beyond that. Matilda was grief stricken - sobbing like a child...oh she is a child! Bless her. Phoebe tried to make it better - she hugs for England!

Daile said all the right things...a bit teary...

I just gave them all a slap. This IS Australia after all! TOUGHEN UP!





Good luck both of you. I WISH it were me and Daile. I can't IMAGINE that much time - with nothing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment