Wednesday 25 November 2009

The first cut is the deepest?

OK, I'm very excited cos I've just cut my first 'paying' job with the router. It isn't much work, but I undercut the competition by 10% and still made a small bit of dosh.

The job was only a little one, or else it would have been a fair bit of dosh. It all goes on cutting time, and this was only 15mins of cutting time, 5 mins per door. If i'd had a bigger cutter, I could have cut them quicker, but 32mm thick material is pretty thick, and probably wont come past all that often I'd have thought.

I turned over sixty whole dollars! Yep, I'm on my way! Ha ha.

I know its not going to pay for Christmas, but it's better than a slap round the chops with a wet kipper eh?



I"m also trying to develop some kind of products for sale. The first thing I came up with is a bit odd... but I like it. Question is of course whether anyone else does. It's got a few more issues to resolve.... like I'm going to use a larger can, and the base might be from a mould of this and cast in concrete... plus I need to get an electrician to look at it and tell me where I'd have trouble in terms of selling to the public etc.

1 comment:

  1. I think it looks fantastic Chris. Great idea! You could sell em on Etsy.com

    Not sure how much they would charge you for the privaledge of being on there but they at least have a large following of punters.

    By the way I love the photos from Helen and Simon's wedding too.

    Love ya,

    Joe x

    ReplyDelete