Sunday 8 November 2009

Taking the long route(r) home...

I finally got the router done. Here it is (if you're interested) cutting out the components that make up the holders for the limit switches.



I'm still learning how to drive it... but I'm getting there. The size of the cutting bed is 2,650 x 1230, so it can handle an 8x4 and still have a bit left on the end... where one day I'll mount a rotating axis that will mean I can cut things like Queen Anne legs and that kind of thing.

Anyway, la di dah....

On Saturday Phoebe performed in a ballet (sort of) thing in which various kids made valiant attempts to do whatever their teacher was doing off stage... and so we watched kids in disarray for an hour or so. By comparison, Phoebe's dances were quite well done. All very weird the way that the parents watch through the little screens of video camera's these days eh?

Feeb is the one in front of the snowman...



...and this is Tilda next to Nanna in the audience.



On Friday, I got to go to Tild's class to see the work that the class had done with a couple of student teachers. It's something that I love to do, and haven't been able to do whilst I was on the movie. Being 'between jobs' has some advantages..



But the BIG news this weekend is that the class turtle (known as 'Squirtle') is coming to live with us. The girls are ecstatic! She's going to have to have a bigger tank though... so there's another job to add to the list.

Back in the UK, Molly is going to have to make up her mind about the college this week, so I'll keep you up to date, and Josh is taking part in the 'MOvember' thing... growing a tash for a month. I'll be interested to see how THAT looks! He he...

Here's a couple of sleeping shots of the younger brats... I like them best when they're asleep. SOOOO much quieter eh!



No comments:

Post a Comment