Sunday 15 November 2009

Sweat, Blood, but no Tears!

Today we had a tidy up a bit, and I finally got around to cutting up Matilda's (then Feeb's) first little bicycle - as we'd discussed the fact that it could make them a second scooter. Ages ago I bought a little scooter off a stall in Bruton at the Packhorse Fair... that Molly used to play at. They both love the thing, and I'd promised to make another.

The only thing I used from the bike was the headstock and front end bit, plus the two little plates that hold the back wheel to the frame. The rest was 50x25 box that I had left from my CNC build.

Here it is...



Matilda had relinquished 'ownership' of the first scooter to Feeb some time ago, and so this is really for her. However, she's taken a bit of an interest in God lately and had decided to go to church with Chelsea who's parents are committed to whatever their religion is...not sure but it might be Baptist. Anyway Tild wasn't around when I finished this, so I got Feeb to give it a whirl...(having first done so myself) She declared it OK and we decided to have a race down the street.

Well, the newbie went really well and she was in the lead when she suddenly said 'OWWWW!' like she meant it... and I saw that she'd opened up her leg! I'm not entirely sure what on... but here's the wound:



... and here's the area that cut her... though nothing here is ACTUALLY sharp!



You can't really tell from the pic, but the cut was pretty deep... and I instantly knew it would need medical attention. Feeb is remarkably calm in these kinds of situations and she was this time too. She was a little freaked out at being able to see 'into' her leg... but she didn't cry. She'll probably be the kind of woman that has babies at the same time that she's cooking the dinner and smoking a Woody. Good 'outback Australian' stock perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment