Sunday 20 January 2008

Ginger Minger....Ming the cat?

I've had, to quote Wayne, 'A Win' with my computer this weekend, and I'm writing this with it now, as opposed to Wayne's computer, which is what I wrote the last post with. I did spend quite a few hours on it in fact, but finally managed to go directly to the problem in a way that I've not been able to do before with other computers. What I discovered was that the drive had been partitioned in such a way that the operating system resided on a small partition all by itself, allowing me to delete that part of the hard drive without any implications for the data that was on the other partition (everything else). I then repartitioned the drive, and installed the operating system into the new partition. Everything is working exactly as it was before and I'm feeling very pleased. Needless to say, I promptly backed everything up once I was back to full operation, and now I've got everything safe again.

We've had a really nice weekend. The walk yesterday was lovely and because we did it reasonably early in the day, we still had time to shop for Daile's stuff AND hang out a bit.





Last night we went out to a BYOB Vietnamese restaurant up town, and 10 of us had a fantastic meal, followed by driving to another venue for coffee and (for me) some sweet. But don't worry, I didn't blow the diet! (OK I realise that you're NOT worried!).

We had most of the same party around today and its been a chilled day of chatting and watching TV. Daile had a fine day, and the kids decorated a cake for her which we all ate a bit of....and some of us ate two bits! (I'm going with NOT worried here).





So that's that...and Daile is *%^"">+ years old. I'm not sure if I'm imagining it, but I think she's stopped going grey, and the hairs that I thought were going grey, have gone! Can't think how that happened!

Yesterday, I went into the local shopping centre to buy some trousers for work so that I've got some alternatives to the single pair that I wore last week. Whilst I was in there, I went past the pet shop, and saw a little ginger kitten that Daile had noticed last week. It looks quite a bit like Molly the cat, who we're still missing a bit, and I stood there watching it playing with the other kitten in there wondering what to do. In the end, I walked away empty handed...I reckon that it can wait, and that if I WERE to be rash, I'd be a sort of 'pre-meditated' rash, and get one from a home.

Ah, think I'll have a tea now. Work tomorrow then.

No comments:

Post a Comment