Sunday 6 January 2008

Rain doesn't drain into the reservoirs here!

So I'm driving home from work in the dark the other day, and its absolutely pissing down...and the windscreen wipers are on double speed, which I'm never sure is worth doing, but that's what they were on. In Brisbane, they have illuminated road signs over the road, that have messages on them that are more 'inspirational' than factual. So they don't generally say 'junction 5 closed' or that sort of thing, but more like, 'Speeding? .....[off....new line] 'Police cameras are watching'. So there I am, and I can see one of these signs, all blurry and out of focus because there's so much bloody rain that even at double speed you can't see much, and there's no chance of speeding!!... I lean forward in my seat, squinting at it....and then suddenly as I'm going under it, I can see what it says! It says;
'SAVE WATER'!!!

Ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment