Tuesday 8 January 2008

Weather

One of the things that I did whilst I was working at Complete Fabrication was spritz fruit, and spritz bottles of stuff. Not that I did ALOT of it you understand....but well, it was one of the very technical and difficult things that I did... It was a VERY demanding job as I'm sure I've mentioned! Anyway, the idea is that when something is covered with condensation it's more attractive and appetising and punters are more likely to want to nip down the 7-11 and get a bottle, or a whatever. Well today, I realised that this is something that happens by itself in Oz when you take a thing out of the fridge. I guess its because of the high humidity and heat? Here's a picture of my lunchtime apple after about 3 mins out of the fridge at work....amazed huh?



OK then, here's something else: This is a picture of some toadstools that I took THIS MORNING....


Fantastic looking things that have just suddenly appeared in the back garden. One day there's nowt, then this! So imagine what a WHOLE extra day can do. This picture was taken when I got home. So about 12 hours between the pics.



The weather has been pretty odd around Queensland lately. The place where I went to have my first kidney stone, Beaudesert is now under water! Areas of it are having their food flown in by chopper. We've had cyclonic weather on the coast for a couple of weeks, most of which has largely past by as far as Brisbane is concerned, but which we hear about. The long sandy beaches around Main Beach, Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach and south of there have been subject to serious erosion.
This is what it looked like until a few days ago (an old and low rez pic off the old web site - now in the side links....)



..now it's got a step in it that's about 6 or 7 feet deep.

Today there were two heavy downpours followed by the bright sun, pretty much back to the standard weather for the summer here. Everything is green. When we got here in September everything was brown and red because they'd had the longest drought for many years. But its rained a huge amount since then and more rain is coming. Needless to say, we're all still on 'category 6' water restrictions. (140 litres per day per person) about a 4 minute shower after taking what you need to drink. That's not too bad to do actually, especially if you're a dirty bastard like me. But it does make you wonder how the hell they managed to miss all this water! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment